[olug] LinkedIn - who else uses this?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Jul 11 12:17:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:34:57AM -0500, Christopher Cashell wrote:
> I find it rather handy as a way of keeping a contact list of current and
> previous co-workers, as well as other business contacts, acquaintances,
> etc.  Additionally, I've actually gotten one contact regarding a job
> opening, so it does have some potential use there, too.

I've gotten several pings about jobs through LinkedIn. I've also been
recruited by Google a few times through it. At least, they've tried. It
does not hurt to have a LinkedIn profile with good links to good people.

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org