[olug] problems with external USB device

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Wed Jan 31 18:42:09 UTC 2007

Sam Tetherow wrote:
> Haven't seen that one before, what distro are you running? Suse and
> Ubuntu the automount has never done anything like that to me before. I
> would hazard a guess that the correct modules aren't loaded (make sure
> usb-storage and general usb drivers a

It has its own AC power brick.  I am running CentOS 4.4.  As far as the
correct modules being loaded, insmod|grep usb showed none.  So I ran
insmod usb-storage, and now lsmod shows two modules:
usb_storage            62089  0
scsi_mod              116941  3 usb_storage,aic7xxx,sd_mod

But it still doesn't work....

-Ryan