[olug] problems with external USB device

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:40:14 UTC 2007

I have had that happen to me on an IBM server with a pocket (laptop sized)
hd.
The server bus was usb 1.1 and the hd was usb 2.0, and even if its backwards
compatable, it locked the teminal until I un-pluged it.

If anyone has a definitive fix or work around for that behavior, I too would
be interested.