[olug] Local purchase support experiences?

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Jan 26 14:48:41 UTC 2007

Guys,

My sister is planning on purchasing a new laptop and would like to
purchase locally.  Her experience with the Furniture Marts extended
warranty on her TV has been extremely positive, so she's willing to look
to them for a laptop.

Has anyone heard of good or bad experiences with post-sale support of
laptops/computers at NFM or other local stores (CompUSA, BestBuy,
RebootTheUser, etc)?

On a related note, she came across an ASUS laptop (found at NewEgg.com for
one place).  Any experience with them?  I know their server motherboards
are top-notch, but do their laptops have the same quality?

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov