[olug] dhcp/radius/reporting

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Jan 23 23:01:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Noel Leistad wrote:
> Wondering if there is an FOSS solution to making dhcpd authenticate
> against a radius server or a local acl? Logging?
> Thinking something for CALEA compliance in a dhcp environment.

For similar things we had made a web app that took the user information
and pulled the mac based on either the switch port or the arp table of the
web server if they are on the same segment. Put two subnets on your dhcp
scope, one that allows unknown clients and does a redirect to your web app
on any access, one that has the client information generated periodically.

dave

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com