[olug] MythTV Issue

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Fri Jan 19 01:59:26 UTC 2007

Hauppauge  250 card for 2-3 yrs then started displaying only snow,
almost like encrypted content.

Replaced /w newer card, worked for a few days.

Needed to take system down for a hour, when I tried to restart, system
hangs on udev

Googled for hang udev fc6, got some hints, sounded like I wasn't waiting
long enough. Attempted today for 14 hours, still hung when I got home
from work.

Tried removing card, start OK. Re-installed old card, start OK, but
still no recognizable output. Replace w/ new card, HANG on udev.

It worked 3 days ago, not now. Is the collective thought: BAD CARD?? or
other suggestions......?

TIA

BTW, have installed Ubuntu a few times for practice, it's nice. Saturday
is gonna be a GOOD Day!!

--
Noel Leistad

noel at metc.net