[olug] Intro

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 00:52:09 UTC 2007

Hello all!

My name is Travis Owens and I am relocating to Omaha (currently here
ahead of my family, following in April.)

I wanted to drop a note out to everyone, and say I am glad there's a
LUG here! I love Linux, use it at work, as well as for consulting. I
have been Windows free on the desktop since 2001, and have used all of
the major flavors of Linux out there. (Gentoo is my current favorite
-- Flame -war repellent activated!) ;)

I also love PHP and will be taking my Zend PHP 5 certification test
soon. I would consider joining/starting a PHP users group in this area
if there is any interest! (hint)

My current role is an Applications System Administrator for West
Corporation. (just started last week)

Okay, that's enough about me, what about you?
How active is the list? Group? Site?(site hasn't been updated in a
while... are there still meetings being held? if so, when? Is anyone
actively involved in any projects? and last but not least, is anyone
interested in joining a Linux Advocacy group?

So much for a quick note to say hello...

Cheers!
--
Travis Owens