[olug] OT: VoIP vx. Cox Phone (was: Restarting the Cox Modem)

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Feb 14 15:29:06 UTC 2007

Okay, I hate it when threads get hijacked so I'm starting a new one even
though it is kind of a fork of an already sort of hijacked thread. Further,
it is offtopic but ...

In the thread about Cox modem restarts (which I also experience
infrequently), a few people noted that they use Vonage or Sunrocket. I've
looked at switching to these, but I was curious if there is really an
advantage price or performance-wise in using this over the already pretty
cheap Cox phone. Presumably since you're getting your Internet from Cox,
you're getting your TV from them as well. Any reason why you don't just
bundle their phone service?

Thanks.

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org