[olug] Linux utilities to unformat / unerase / scavange digital

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Dec 31 07:06:50 UTC 2007

>> My dads Olympus digital camera decided to reformat the flash card right
>> *AFTER* taking all the Christmas photos.  :-(
>> Anyone else have any other suggestions?
>
> My SanDisk Extreme III CF cards came with a mini CD that contained a
> rescue utility called "RescuePRO" that I've used at least once with
> success.  It only runs on Windows, but if it'll do you some good,
> I'll put an ISO on my web site.

http://www.jedi.com/rescuepro-3.2.iso  (65 MB)

I don't recall if it needs an auth key or not, but this was printed
on a sticker on the CD jacket:

RPRID-0302-62692-43095-67830

It's version 3.2, and it runs on Win2K, WinXP, and Mac OS X 10.1.2+.
Maybe WINE will work.  It says it'll work on any memory card format,
although it doesn't state whether it cares which brand of card.
I'm guessing not.

Good luck.