[olug] Bash TCP scripting

Travis Owens openbook1441 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:32:56 UTC 2007

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done any scripting with bash, using
/dev/tcp or some form of socket connections? I'm looking at doing something
bi-directional, receiving the response after the connection is established,
parsing it, using a piece to send back and parsing the final response.

The information I've found so far on the net, show how to establish a
connection, but not necessarily what to do with it after it's established...

Thanks in advance,
--
Travis Owens

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we
pledge and more.   -- John F. Kennedy, inaugural speech, January 20, 1961