[olug] Remote sound

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:06:42 UTC 2007

if the computers are next to each other, just daisy chain the sound cards
using the output on the source machine as the start. pipe that to the line
in on the next machine, then pipe the output to your final machine. hook
your speakers up to the line out at the end of the chain.

with your levels set properly, all output from all boxes should make it to
the line out at the end.

i have done this before on the boxes in my sound studio, and the only
problem i've had is emf bleeding into the signal. there are various ways to
take care of this. it helps to use good sound hardware, and shielded cables.