[olug] Asus Eee PC

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Wed Dec 12 12:31:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Luke -Jr wrote:

> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 05:25:27 -0600
> From: Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org>
> To: Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
> Subject: Re: [olug] Asus Eee PC
>
> On Wednesday 12 December 2007, Craig Wolf wrote:
> So don't buy it expecting to throw <insert-favourite-OS-here> on it.

Your comment doesn't make sense to me - just about every message board
dedicated to the Eee PC has discussions on how to get any flavor of Linux
or XP to run on the hardware.  Plus, ASUS has released source code in
response to the GPL issue regarding the ACPI module.  Yes, wireless is
another matter, but so is wireless on most laptops.

Another OLUG member has had his EEE 4G for over a month, and is happily
running debian on it.  In fact, he has overcome the CPU speed limitation,
some sound issues and replaced ndiswrapper with madwifi and improved the
wireless performance and battery life.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Operations Manager, Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/