[olug] MPAA toolkit

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Dec 1 03:36:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, November 29, 2007 09:11, Sam Tetherow wrote:
> Why would you torrent a single site to site transfer though? Torrent
> really only makes sense in distribution where you leverage multiple
> seeders aggregate upload. It would only be a HIPAA violation though if
> the traffic was decrypted read though.

<slightly off topic>
I can see a Point-to-MULTI-point backup solution using BitTorrent.  Send
out one copy but have it replicated in multiple places.  Especially if it
is also a file distribution system for large files (medical images,
databases, etc).

I'm not a HIPPA expert, but most customers I've worked with that are under
the HIPPA umbrella don't even want to chance a brush with a HIPPA
investigation.

Dan

- - - -
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-- Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)