[olug] RJ45s

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Sat Aug 25 11:52:31 UTC 2007

I missed the first part of this but there is a much easier way to get
the pairs arranged. Cut back the 2-3 inches of jacket and look at the
cable. You will notice that it's in a pattern that approximates the
crude ascii art:
           Bl/Wh Wh/Bl
   Or/Wh Wh/Or    Br/Wh Wh/Br
           Gr/Wh Wh/Gr

You might notice that if you basically flatten this it's going to put
the pairs where they need to be. Start with the outside pairs, put pair
2 in the right order, then pair 4. Open up pair 3 and split it with pair
1 floating in the middle. Untwist pair 1, shuffle them all right next to
each other. Pinch the stripped end and the unstripped jacket in opposite
hands and shuffle side to side a bit to straighten wires further back
into the jacket. Trim and crimp!

dave