[olug] MythTV capabilities?

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Sun Aug 19 15:19:54 UTC 2007

I'm not familiar with MythTV.

I'm thinking about setting up a MythTV setup with the a server in one
location (Lincoln, NE) and the frontend near my TV (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Can you control the channel of the MythTV backend with the frontend?
Can I watch realtime TV from the backend on the frontend?
Can I watch realtime TV from the backend on any PC in the house?

My dilema is that we live in Cedar Rapids, IA and the Big Ten takes
the cake over anything in the Big 12 unless Iowa State is playing
Iowa.  I would like to set up something at my Mom's place in Lincoln
and at least have delayed access to it later or realtime access to it
if possible.  Huskers.com doesn't provide enough coverage.

Thanks,
Eric Penne
--
http://jillanderic.net