[olug] (Relatively) Nearby Colocation Centers

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Sat Aug 18 15:29:27 UTC 2007

Luke -Jr wrote:
> Makes sense. So why couldn't a Linux-based router handle this again?

Didn't say a Linux box couldn't, I said something *like* a dual ethernet
Cisco ;) I said "true router" so that people don't confuse the consumer
"routers" with something that will actually work for the task in question.

Anything that can route IP *without* applying NAT transforms will work.

I mention Cisco partly out of habit - I have easy access to just about
any model of older router, switch, access point, etc I might need within
reason.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us