[olug] (Relatively) Nearby Colocation Centers

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:23:31 UTC 2007

When I was removing one of my servers, he mentioned that he was bringing
in Cox at Work at the end of the month - but the email he sent out says
that the colocation service will be discontinued come September 1st.

I'm not sure how many IPs Cox at Work provides (maximum), but I think it
may become less profitable if he's paying $5/month for each additional
IP after that handful they give you.  Personally, I think bringing in
that business line was a good idea.  $150 a month for 12/1.5 (Somewhere
in that region) is alot better than $500 for a measly T1.  If Jay wants
to continue colocating, I'd gladly take him up on the offer again, but
judging by the website he's just going to offer web hosting/email
services from now on.

RivTel certainly isn't $100/m/42U Rack.  If it was... I wouldn't be
hesitant to sign up.  It's $100/month/1U+1Mbps bandwidth, with a $50
setup fee per U.