[olug] (Relatively) Nearby Colocation Centers

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Thu Aug 16 14:08:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:22:50 -0500, Dan Clough <dclough at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that Jay at RTU is ending his colocation service at the end of
> August, which leaves me with no affordable place to go in the Omaha
> area, or for that matter, anywhere closer than a 4-hour drive.  I've got
> a 2U Compaq DL380 (I'd put another one up if I could afford it) that
> needs a new home, stable power and 1-2Mbps of bandwidth.  Can anyone
> suggest a reliable colocation center?  I'm willing to go as far west as
> Lincoln and as far east as Kansas City if that's what it takes.
>
> I have a feeling that there are a few others who are in this situation,
> so in the spirit of nerdy groupthink I'll post the quotes I've found so
> far.

I recently found WholesaleInternet (http://wholesaleinternet.com/colo.htm) out of Kansas City.  Not sure how the service is, or anything beyond what is advertised, but it looks like they have some decent deals going on, 4U / 100Gb BW / $40, but it looks like you could also custom build a solution, name the space, bandwidth, etc.

Dave