[olug] Business P2P file transfering

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 23:33:07 UTC 2007

i want limited partner encrypted p2p  as well.  Why?  Cox does not
provide enough upstream bandwidth, but if two peers on cox.net have
the same file, then i doubled the bandwidth for a third node.  Plain
ftp clearly does not do this.  Second, i want to limit the peers that
have access and went so far as to pull down the source code to
azureus.  So the second best way to limit peers may be Hamachi.

Hamachi is not open source, but cross-plaform.   Does NAT Traversal.
  Very easy to use, but make sure to double check and verify that
encryption is enabled.

Data only goes through Hamachi's servers iff NAT traversal fails -
very rare.  Otherwise, the speed between any of the nodes on the
5.x.y.z subnet is as fast as the physical medium between the two.   I
can easily browse samba shares with it over cox.net.

If rsync can pull from two peers simultaneously, then that would be awesome.