[olug] Business P2P file transfering

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:37:12 UTC 2007

I am already using SSH (SCP).  But it the file has to go to in
intermediate "server".  I am looking to not have to go though a middle
man.  Do you know what I mean?  It would better for one node to get
the file directly from the originating node.

I have the originating site send the file to a central server's
predetermined directory.  Then have another site/node query the
directory.  If there is a file available it downloads it.   All using
SSH/SCP.

On 4/24/07, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Todd Christopher Hamilton wrote:
> > Is anyone using P2P type file transfer systems to transfer large data
> > files between remote offices or client sites?  My company provides a
> > cross organizational / cross system interface between medical
> > facilities.  We use a server based (hub and spoke) file transport
> > method but I am looking for something a little more 21st century.
> > Nodes need to work behind NAT, there would be a single node that
> > originated the data and one or two nodes that would receive the data.
> > Of coarse this would all need to be done programmaticly.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> It's not really P2P but rsync and ssh should be able to do this.
>
> --
> Dave Weis
> djweis at internetsolver.com
> http://www.internetsolver.com/