[olug] Question: package / system for administrating multiple very similar systems ?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:44:18 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Jim O'Gorman <jameso at elwood.net> wrote:

> For the heck of it, I put up a system I created and am using on
> sourceforge
> a couple of weeks back: https://sourceforge.net/projects/autodeploy/
>
> I use it in order to enforce repeatable builds across my systems. Idea is
> do the work in the creation of the templates, and never have to do any
> work
> on the individual systems at all. Give it a look and see if it might help
> you at all. As I said, I am using it with success, however I do not know
> or
> think anyone else has ever given it an attempt.
>
> Jim

Looking at autodeploy first.... seems like it's as simple as i'd like...
documentation isn't too bad... but in the example section ya list examples
of deployable packages... but there's an important piece of example I think
is missing.  What does the installation script look like ?

Files of interest listed in the examples would be:

openssl_v1.sh
wwwserverlocalsetup_v3.sh
httpd_v1.sh

Do they just untgz make install ?