[olug] Linux sponsored Indy Car project

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Fri Apr 13 14:13:28 UTC 2007

The Indy 500 is viewed all over the world.  This is an international
crowd, I think money is better spent on an international crowd rather than
Nascar.  I believe the Daytona 500 is broadcast internationally, but not
many of the other races.  Costs for Nascar sponsor placement is extremely
high, and for what you get you may only see it in a pit stop due to it's
size (small square)

Linux has been in use by many racing teams for years, a good portion of
which is in the CFD realm.  Here is an article regarding Williams F1's
cluster (from 2003)
<http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/14/1613211>

Similar article for Renault F1 (2005 & 2006 f1 world constructor
champions)
<http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2126971/linux-revs-renault-f1-testing>

Jon L.