[olug] apache crashing, trouble shooting?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.net
Thu Apr 12 14:16:18 UTC 2007

My apache 1.2 server seems to just become nonresponsive every couple of
days.  At one point, /var was full but I cleared that out with an
'apt-cache clean' (3 generations of ubuntu upgrades, www root under
/home actually).  The apache processes are all still running, but http
requests don't receive a response.  I don't see any signs in the apache
logs, just requests for robots.txt from the crawlers and errors when
files don't exist.

Is there any other log files to examine or anything else to troubleshoot?
Is it common to 'apachectl graceful' every couple of days to keep a
server up? =)

thanks
Brian