[olug] Open Source Tools

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:30:18 UTC 2006

Have not used it, but according to their website, "Open Computer and
Software Inventory Next Generation" working with the "GLPI" package will
inventory a network of Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, and AIX machines
for hardware and software configuration.  The websites specifically mention
"license management."

http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/
http://glpi.indepnet.org/

A partial list of open source software for windows is at
http://osswin.sourceforge.net/

As for the email needs,  Zimbra  was voted the 2006 enterprise project of
the year for enterprise email and collaboration.  On the face of it, it may
not be what you are looking for, but it is very extensible with zimlets and
i just wanted a chance to plug an opensource project.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbra