[olug] mail servers - can sendmail handle this?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu Sep 7 00:07:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:00:10PM -0500, Ryan Stille wrote:
> Andy, do you know of any useful commands or places I can look at while I
> run the batch of email through?  I'd like to maybe see how many messages
> are in the queue, I don't know what else... suggestions welcome.  I
> could tail the maillog I guess.

The `mailq` command is your best friend, really. It will output the current
Sendmail queue. A bit of awk and/or grep and you should be able to get that
into something that can give you a queue count. I don't have a new Sendmail
up to use to provide you with anything better...

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org