[olug] Web Based Help Desk Software

Sean J. Edwards sjedwards at omnihotels.com
Wed Nov 22 14:21:35 UTC 2006

Ed, have a look at the links below.

Bugzilla:
OpenSource, geared to technical use, not very civilian friendly, PERL
http://www.bugzilla.org/

Jira:
Robust, feature-rich, highly customizable, integrates with cvs,
commercial, Java.  Non-profits can apply for free use license:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/

RT:
OpenSource, customizable, PERL
http://www.bestpractical.com/

Scarab:
OpenSource, Java, is almost always in beta development, can be buggy and
unstable:
http://scarab.tigris.org

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 22:06 -0600, Ed Carlsen wrote:
> I am helping a small church with a in-house web site.
> I am looking for a Open Source (free)web based help desk application.
> We have Apache with PHP and MySQL.
> I would like something for users to enter tickets from a web
> page and multiple techs provide updates and status to the tickets.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Ed Carlsen

-=Sean Edwards=-