[olug] HP laserjet 2100 printer repair

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Fri Nov 3 06:06:47 UTC 2006

Kelly Williams wrote:
> What would cost to fix that Laser Jet 2100 because you can get a new printer
> from staples probably cheaper that is would cost to fix it. I bought a
> laserJet 1020 for 170.00 it does about 3000 pages per toner.

$ 100 maybe.

You need to realize that the LJ2100 is a much, much bigger printer than
the cheap LJ1020, the current equivalent (the LaserJet 2420/2430) costs
~5x what the LJ1020 costs!

It's intended for businesses and schools who'll print an easy 10k pages
per month and would wear out the LJ1020 in no time flat.

If you want to get rid of the LJ2100...

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us