[olug] sftp vs. FTPS?

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Fri May 12 13:51:00 UTC 2006

SSH has a SFTP subsystem for transferring files.

Several servers support TLS/SSL connections.

On the server side for UNIX/Linux, ProFTPd supports TLS/SSL connections
with certificates.

On the client side, you can use Filezilla (Win32) or gFTP (Linux) to make
secure FTPS connections.  Both are free.

Jon L.