[olug] disk woes

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Jun 21 00:21:48 UTC 2006

How old is the drive? It sounds like normal sector remapping, especially
one an older drive would do.

I would be worried about the uncorrectable errors, and would take them
as a sign that the drive will go pttth soonish.

Oh, and I've never seen these messages on any of my CentOS hosts, but I
don't run smartd on them either - all but one have hardware RAID cards
and therefore other methods of detecting bad hard drives.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us