[olug] Lee Terry on Net Neutrality

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Mon Jun 19 14:34:00 UTC 2006

nealr wrote:
> The voters
> are going to engage in a vigorous housecleaning inside the beltway in
> just five short months and I am counting the days :-) I don't know if
> it'll get done here, but some change is definitely in order.

DC needs some housecleaning!  Unfortunately, I don't see anybody worth
voting for here in district 2.  Same ol' same ol'.  It will come down to
"do I hold my nose and vote for the least bad, or hold to my principles
and leave it blank or write in someone who will ultimately lose".
Stupid ballot access restrictions, and stupid plurality voting
systems...  If someone were to campaign on reform in those two areas,
he'd have my vote in an instant (given that he's not completely
objectionable otherwise, of course).  But the Duopoly prefers the
current system, so it's not likely to change.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org