[olug] Information Week interview

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Jun 12 12:46:23 UTC 2006

This is from the Fedora News Wiki:

Fedora mentioned in Information Week

Max Spevack (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack) reports in
fedora-marketing-list
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2006-June/msg00018.html):

Rex Dieter and I both have a one sentence quote. I love the fact that an
hour long interview yielded one sentence. :-P

Rex Dieter, a contributor to Fedora, a version of Linux distributed by Red
Hat, has been computer manager for the mathematics department at the
University of Nebraska for 10 years. His paying job is his top priority.
"If I have spare brain cycles afterward, more power to me," he says. When
he recently became a member of Fedora's board, his boss, the computer labs
professor, shook his hand and congratulated him.

Many contributors say the challenge of developing good code provides all
the recognition and satisfaction they need. "I love the fact that I have
to post the reasons I think I'm correct in a public place," says Max
Spevack, chairman of Red Hat's Fedora Project. "It forces me to defend my
opinions."

http://www.informationweek.com/shared/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=187202790

Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Operations Manager, Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/
AnimeSunday.org - http://www.animesunday.org/
ICQ#: 10412618 - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/
GPG/PGP Pubkey - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/relayerpubkey.txt