[olug] Which DSL provider?

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Fri Jun 9 02:41:31 UTC 2006

We use QWest's "Office Plus" service (7M down/896K up) at the office, my
only complaint is that they don't officially support Cisco IOS.

The standard configuration is a single IP dynamically assigned via
either PPPoE or PPPoA, but I was able to request a static /28 via their
web interface.  They even let you configure your own DNS PTR RRs ;)

We also have a Cox business connection @ 3M down/512K up with a /28, and
it costs about the same as the QWest DSL line (approx $ 110 per mo).

In terms of other DSL ISPs... I've used Internet Nebraska for years for
both DSL and fractional T1 service.  They're pretty reliable as an ISP,
but QWest gives you higher bandwidth at a comparable cost.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us