[olug] Which DSL provider?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu Jun 8 21:07:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:13:21PM -0500, Dave Weis wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, nealr wrote:
> >    I have a new Qwest DSL loop coming and I'm wondering which ISP I
> > should pick. I'd love to find one that will priority queue RTP traffic
> > but I think I have to build that myself if I really want it.
> >    Who do you have? Are they any good? Good would mean giving me a /28
> > of address space without a lot of hoops to jump through ...
>
> I would be curious to hear this also. I just installed a 7 meg in Omaha
> and went with qwest.net because I hadn't heard much of anything about the
> other ISP's.

I hate to pull a "me too", but me too. I'd also be interested in the
pricing for the ISP and the circuit, the speed, and so forth. Basically,
how does it match up to Cox's cablemodem offerings? As I use TV less and
VoIP more, the Cox bundling seems less useful and more of an obstacle.

If any telecom executives are reading this, I did not say VoIP above. I
only use my Internet to access your rich walled gardens of media. Thank you
for your high rates and slow access speeds.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org