[olug] (job opportunity) Senior Engineering Candidate, Omaha

Tim OBrien IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Mon Jun 5 16:04:10 UTC 2006

I was contacted this morning from one of my old resumes floating around
for a senior level position in Omaha. Not willing to leave Vegas, I asked
if I could share the info with you folks (knowing there would be someone
interested more local than I). Heck, reading the description I think you
can figure out who this might be with! ;)

All the information I have from the emails I have recieved:

QUOTE:
To further clarify, this is not a sales position although it might appear
to be at first glance of my original profile.  This is a “VERY senior
level position.”  This person with have a great deal of responsibility,
and will manage a large team of networking staff.  This person will be a
problem solver and someone else will do the selling.  We do however want
this person to be able to communicate with clients, because the Senior
Network Engineer will listen to what the problems are, and help come up
with a solution.   This person will be a complex problem solver.

My name is Crystal and I am an independent recruiter located in the
Midwest. My business partner has an old copy of your resume and the
contact phone number is disconnected. I am hoping to be able to reach you
via email to introduce myself as we are currently conducting a
confidential search to locate a senior network engineering candidate for a
company here in Omaha. I have copied below a synopsis of the position. I
did not know if you would have interest, but I would be glad to speak with
you further regarding this opportunity if such and locale are of interest
to you.

 POSITION SYNOPSIS

Sr. engineering candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in
the design, configuration, pre-sales support and post-sales
troubleshooting of network hardware, software and engineering services in
the SMB (Small/Medium Business) market, Enterprise market, or Public
sector in the specific geography for which we are hiring. The best
candidates will have experience specifically in the design, configuration,
pre-sales support and post-sales troubleshooting of hardware and software
products, either for Cisco directly or for a certified Cisco partner.
Other alternatives will be experience selling similar or competitive
products to the Cisco portfolio, such as Avaya, Nortel, Juniper, Extreme,
Foundry, F5, Sycamore, 3Com, Bay Networks or Lucent or their channel
partners. Less desirable but possibly amenable would be a private or
public sector employee who has substantial experience in the design,
configuration, deployment and support of a Cisco network infrastructure.

Good candidates will have broad Cisco technology experience in the design,
configuration, pre-sales support and post-sales support of access and core
routers, access and core switches, network security devices and
technologies such as firewalls, intrusion prevention, virus mitigation,
access control or others, wireless access devices, storage area networking
switches, and IP Communications infrastructure. Specific heavy experience
and training with IP Telephony, IP Communications, Wireless, Security, and
Storage are HIGHLY desirable.

Excellent candidates are very experienced serving as a sales engineer (SE)
for Cisco or one of its channel partners, or a competitive network
equipment manufacturer or one of its channel partners. The candidate
should be both technically savvy and articulate with customers. They are
comfortable making presentations and demonstrating functionality to
groups. They are able to understand a customer requirement and translate
it to an available product or service. They are comfortable working alone
with the customer or in a team format with a salesperson. They are very
comfortable in a sales situation.

Presented by Recruiting Partners, Inc.

Contact:
Crystal Anzalone
CrystalRPI at cox.net
402.492.8259

or
Joni LeRette-Flores
712.388.0565
JoniRPI at aol.com

/QUOTE

Hope this helps someone out.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Previous Publicity & Social activities chairperson