[olug] Question about SLED 10

Adam Lassek adam.lassek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 21:05:56 UTC 2006

We'd like to deploy SLED 10 on one of our backup servers at work, and
I'm trying to come up with replacement functionality under linux for
what we do under Windows now. We need to be able to right-click a
drive on the desktop and sync it to a folder of our choice using
something like rsync (or possibly union) on the backend.

I think my best option is to get nautilus-actions installed, and write
a script to call the sync utility. But, I'm having trouble getting it
installed. The source version is having a lot of difficulty finding
the stuff it needs (SuSE seems to put things in weird places). I was
wondering, does anyone know of an RPM for nautilus-actions I can
install that is compatible with SLED 10? I've looked but haven't found
anything. Or is nautilus-actions the wrong way to go about it?