[olug] Whats that smell? (Palm, USB, and SuSe)

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Jan 25 23:37:45 UTC 2006

Jon H. Larsen wrote:
> Have you tried JPilot?
  Maybe I'm an expert at buggering USB, but I've found jpilot and kpilot
to suck equally with my previous Athlon 2000+ board and my current
Athlon3200+

> I've used it with a Visor Neo (serial), and my co-worker uses it with his
> Tungsten E2 (USB) without any issues.
>
> USB is a little odd with Palm devices, as the USB device doesn't exist
> until the 'sync' button is pushed.  And there are generally two - one for
> syncing, one for 'modem'.
>
> Try plugging in the Treo 650, do a 'tail -f' on your message log, and
> press the sync button and see what you get.

  Yeah, it produces two devices, tried 'em both in many different ways -
no luck :-(

  Maybe I will give it another shot, as I'm going to be working mobile
with my Thinkpad. I solved my sync concerns by using The Missing Sync,
bluetooth, and my Mac Mini.