[olug] SYN Flood Protection

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:45:30 UTC 2006

The resources that I have been using is my buddy and a little bit on the web, I dont have the URL atm but i know I started out on:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/nixcraft/vivek/blogger/2005/07/linux-iptables-10-how-to-block-common.html
and then I was in alot of other sites, no books.

Will start making the install work and make a install img for fast recovery during testing/tweaking late this week.

I believe my buddy has the tools to crash but if not then may take longer for my to figure that out since i dont have anything like that on hand. Would Pentoo have that on disc perhaps? I know it has "cisco torch" so I am assuming that it can ddos too.