[olug] SYN Flood Protection

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Jan 17 15:52:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, January 16, 2006 23:15, Charles Bird wrote:

> I found all the SYN Flood protection info I could ever want to know
about

> now.

- From where?   Book or URL?

> I am going to set up an enviroment to test the router, anyone
interested

> in seeing the outcomes of my new obsession?

Of course I'm always interested in security/availabilty results, I'd like
to see the outcome when you're done.  If I'm the only one, then a
private e-mail is fine (dan -at- linder -dot- org), but a post to the list
would "archive" it and hopefully make it into the Google
database...

> I intend on making her crash and reloading OS if needed several
times. A

> benchmark if u will.

Isn't that the *only* way to truly test something? :)

Dan

- - - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68