[olug] No LPI at Infotec 2006

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 07:09:49 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I've had a couple of people ask me about whether the LPI exams are
going to be at infotec again this year.  I talked to Scott Pettit a
while ago and the answer was not enough people came last year to make
it worthwhile to repeat.

So it doesn't sound like it is going to happen this year.  You can
still take the tests at the prometric places for the regular price
though.

It is kinda of disappointing as I know Adam put quite a bit of work
into getting this all worked out last year.  I also made a few phone
calls to help get last year's going.

If you do want to try and convince them is something they should
support  the contact info on the infotec homepage
http://www.infotec.org gives infotec2006 at infotec.org as an e-mail
address.  Again, if you do write them please be polite. Mention how
you think this might be a good opportunity for Infotec and so on.
Infotec has no obligation to do this and did it last year at what I'm
pretty sure was a monetary loss.

Regards,

Aaron
-=-=-
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying