[olug] DSL/CO distance in bellevue

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:19:11 UTC 2006

Speaking of signal level, do U know what a "good" signal to noise ratio is for the cable modem?

I intend on taking off the cox supplied F connectors and replacing with my own in the unknown future.
Those F connectors they use are kinda cool but if much flexing occurs it becomes loose and degrades the signal worse than the "super dooper sweeze till u bruise your palm" crimp-ons that I use.
I am also looking into splitters. I have seen a few that offer less attenuation on one or more ports than other ports withing the unit itself. If I see it I'll post a link.