[olug] Fast Food Linux in NEBRASKA (for those who don't digg the digg)

Brandon Lederer olug at zerocoolhideout.net
Tue Feb 28 06:39:08 UTC 2006

"I had burned 20 copies of Ubuntu 5.10 and light scribed them with the ubuntu
cd cover.

I took 10 of them in with me to McDonalds and asked if I could just set them
on the side so people who are interested in Linux can pick up a copy.

The Manager at first didn't know what this was. So I took a live CD out of my
car and showed him on "HIS" laptop. I impressed him by showing all the cool
default features. He then agreed and let me put the stand on the counter with
a distription layout and the CDs to pick up.

Today, I went in (this is the very next day) I went in there to see how many
were taken. They were all gone and some people asked the Manager if they had
more, 6 people returned to get a second copy for their friends. I burned more
and then put up 30 copies on it today.

I will be in there in the morning to see how many were picked up."
Full thread Here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=136176