[olug] Backups??

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Feb 28 04:26:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, February 27, 2006 21:41, Brandon Lederer wrote:

> Do you guys rsync an entire box?  or just your home directory?   what
do

> you all reccomend?

To paraphrase my dentist:

"You only need to [backup/brush] the [files/teeth] you want to
keep."

I try to keep my changes limited to my home directory so that's my
starting point.  I had dreams of writing an rpm/dpkg script to
determine the packages that were installed and configuration files changed
and append them to the backup list...  Never got around to that,
though.

Dan

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68