[olug] Find your distro site

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Wed Feb 22 16:06:50 UTC 2006

I have a person who is trying to pick up on progamming languages, primarily C++
and Java. Right now he has a Windows XP box that will not let the compiler work
correctly. I suggested that he look at Linux to learn the languages he wants and
suggested he also look into Perl and php as well. I wasn't sure what all he
needed by his discription to me, but thought he could determine his own
parameters and get a distribution that suits him. I suggested the site that has
the questions to gather information about skills and needs and suggests a number
of distributions that match those areas. I don't have the URL at work, and am
not sure where it is on my home machine. Does anyone have that site so I can
mail the address to him and get him on the way to working with Linux and
learning the languages he wants?

Thanks,

Tom Williamson