[olug] Distro Thoughts

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Feb 15 18:28:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, February 15, 2006 06:23, Joe Gulizia wrote:

> What distro would work best (in your opinion NO wars

> please) for me?

For what it's worth, I have had good success with both Kubuntu and Ubuntu
on my laptop.  I don't have a floppy drive on it so I haven't run
into your problem, but everything else was mostly plug-and-play.

The other distros seem to still have the "kitchen sink"
mentality -- i.e. "How often have you really needed three different
GUI CD burning tools on the same system?"

On your floppy problem, there was something that the TUX online magazine
wrote about concerning Ubuntu in the last issue.  URL:
http://www.tuxmagazine.com/

Dan

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68