[olug] rdesktop won't complete login

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:03:41 UTC 2006

Thanks for the responses!

== Daniel asked
>Have you tried using a sniffer (ethereal) on your Linux firewall to see
>what traffic to/from your two machines is getting blocked? That
>might tell you what additional ports it wants open (if that is the
>problem).

I think I'm getting out of the box just fine.  I see the network
login, including a drop-down for choosing my Windows domain. I don't
think rdesktop would magically know that.

== Rob said
>I have not tried rdesktop with XP PRO, but XP is much more particular
>about having port 3389 and nothing else.  Redirecting 3389 on a TS box
>is very common.

I'm using XP Pro.

I should state that this used to work and now it magically doesn't.
No idea why not.

Could there be some sort of security thing trying to figure out what
my Linux machine is?  That's my only theory . . .

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/