[olug] SATA RAID

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Fri Feb 10 18:43:13 UTC 2006

Craig Wolf wrote:
> Since I just returned this one, important piece of info on the 9550SX,
> iit is a PCI-X card, not PCI.  8(  Motherboard I have does not have
> PCI-X so that was an oops.  Newegg was understanding...  8)  Had to get
> the 9500.

PCI-X is supposed to be backwards compatible with 33MHz and 66MHz PCI in
both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors.  Most of the older motherboards in my
possession work just fine with PCI-X cards.

Of course, I also tend to use high-quality server motherboards...
motherboard packing material that says Supermicro or Intel is a common
sight 'round here ;)

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us