[olug] which multiport serial card?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:54:30 UTC 2006

Hm.

Serial is serial.  I've got an 8 port pci serial card that breaks out to
db25 connectors.  Adapters from them to anything are easily available from
... well.. just about anywhere.   Linux saw all 8 ports with no issues,
too.  Basically, it'll prolly be cheaper to convert whatever breakout cable
is provided with the card than to buy a new break out cable or pay new price
for the cards... they're typically not all that cheap.

If you're interested, I can dig up my 8 port card & breakout cable, get it
in a hyvee bag and it'd be yours, gratis (xmas time and all).  I believe we
have some db25 <> rj45 converters here at work... prolly end up costing ya
$10 or something (just to re-imburse boss for the converters).  You'd have
to pick it up sometime after tomorrow, work is at 3902 Q, home is near that
as well.

-Will