[olug] Omaha-Area Colocation - pump up RTU

Charles Bird cbird at mail.datar8.com
Sun Dec 17 18:40:59 UTC 2006

>   First National is sky high. Cosentry has a certain sort of customer
> they seek and if you're not friends/family you can forget about space in
> their partitioned rack.
>

>    We (Layer 3 Arts) manage network facilities for a pair of redundant
> data centers, much of our stuff is there, and they'd be friendly to such
> ideas ... but its 400 miles from here :-( I'd like to have something
> where I can lay hands on the equipment at the facility and even better
> yet a place where with space for classes ... sounds like RTU, eh?

Speaking of 400 miles from here.
Anyone seen "Bunker Town" in Savanna, IL?
Old ammunition bunkers that are now as we type, getting raised flooring,
and a couple gensets per bunker, I think there is 70+ in all.
I went for a tour there a few weeks ago, very cool place and could see
fiber being trenched in on the highway on my way there.
Its not a lease by the U place but worth mentioning due to the "cool"
factor. I got pics, ask if you want to see.

I like the class idea. Maybe cover some BGP4 with Zebra, Cisco, and Pizza?