[olug] (no subject)

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:39:04 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Tim OBrien <IrishMASMS at olug.org> wrote:

> <quote who="Rob Townley">
> > If anybody wants an easier demonstration of the VA's Free and Open
> > Source Computerized Patient Record System, you download a windows app
> > that connects over the internet to fake patient records.
> >
> > http://www.va.gov/CPRSdemo/
> > http://www1.va.gov/cprsdemo/docs/VA_CPRS_Demo.msi
>
> As a veteran, I can honestly say that anything is better than the Patient
> Record System they currently have.

Tim,  i have seriously demoed scores of medical record packages and
otherwise evaluated well over a hundred.  Very very very few have been
impressive and most were worse than VistA.  Most doctors and med
students (that i have talked to) like VistA much more than the
multi-million dollar packages at private hospitals.    i have serious
doubts about VistA's workability in some practices, but it will take
longer to fully evaluate.  Why? - because it's open source.