[olug] cisco VPN help needed

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Dec 8 17:51:44 UTC 2006

> From: thelarsons3 at cox.net
>
> I'm having real difficulties getting the Mac Cisco client to establish a
> connection with my corporate network, making working from home an
> impossibility right now.  :(  Has anyone ever gotten this to work right?
[..snip...]
> I haven't tried it in a while so I can't relay exactly what happens when
> I try, but I'll be giving it another shot tonight.  Any/all advice
> welcome.
> Thanks,
> Tim

I don't have a Mac so I can't confirm it works, but have you tried hooking
your Mac straight to your ISP at home?  I've seen some firewalls and NAT
device configurations that don't play well with VPN clients.

Does your Cisco VPN admin see your computer connecting?  Any errors noted
on either side (you might need to enable or increase logging)?

Dan

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave
to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68